Tuesday 21 July 2015

Waylaid games

Some good news for me. The new kits arrived in the post yesterday. After nearly a month of waiting I've finally got my hands on them. It's the sets I ordered for my Arbites Enforcers project.


Essentially I wanted the torso pieces from the Cadians, and the legs and shotguns from the Scouts, and then some of the bits 'n' bobs for detailing. I've got some ideas in store for the remaining parts, but I think that's a story for another time.

I also ordered two other kits. Mainly because they're among the most stunning looking models I've seen Games Workshop produce recently, but also because they seem to have a decent stash of cool bits for conversions. For a grown man I am alarmingly excited at the prospect of working with all these new children's toys.

More tiny bits of plastic

I bought them all online from Wayland Games. You usually get between 10% and 20% off the GW price, so I'd say it's definitely worth the wait.

I wasn't able to open them until really late last night, but I did manage to slap together the basic parts for a basic trooper. As expected he looks pretty basic. The arms and legs are a tiny bit too big for my purposes, but given the general scale issues surrounding this entire hobby, I might just have to ignore that. Otherwise it could quickly become a can-of-worms.

An un-opened can

So, to recap, the legs and arms belong to a Space Marine Scout, the torso is from the Astra Militarum Cadian Infantry box, and the head is from PuppetsWar. The next step will be to check some different arms and legs from other kits, and then see what level of green stuff patching and detailing I can get away with to achieve the final look. Once that's all done, and I'm happy with the test model, then I simply have to repeat it four or five times.


No comments:

Post a Comment